GDG- Once and Future Parking at GNMP INCLUDING MARKERS/MONUMENTS MOVED FOR CYCLO & ITS PARKING LOT

Margaret D. Blough mdblough1 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 31 11:51:40 CST 2012

This is the information from Katie Lawhon, including the information an esteemed member asked about the markers displaced by the construction of the Cyclo lot:

>> Here is the list of monuments that were moved to accommodate construction of the Cyclorama building and its parking lot, and that the NPS planned to
"reset" in their original historic locations.

90th Pa. right flank marker
12th Mass.
88th Pa.
1st Mass. Sharpshooters position marker
Battery F, 5th US Artillery Tablet (Martin's Battery)
Hancock Avenue War Department ID Tablet

Here are the numbers for current parking at the Museum/VC:

Bus Lot – 54 bus spaces plus 20 car spaces.
Lot #1 – 266 car spaces
Lot #2 – 61 car spaces
Lot #3 – 312 car spaces (paved) plus 50 car spaces on the grass

Here are the numbers of parking spaces that will be in the National
Cemetery Lot (formerly called the Cyclorama Lot) once we reconfigure it
during the rehab of North Cemetery Ridge: 57 car spaces, 4 bus spaces, and
a stop for Freedom Transit.<<

Regards,

Margaret