GDG- Lee - Harrisburg

ATMackeyJr at ATMackeyJr at
Mon Jan 30 17:16:46 CST 2012

I suppose it depends on how we want to bound the question.
Best Regards,
Al Mackey
In a message dated 1/30/2012 1:29:20 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mdblough1 at writes:

Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:
Al-Anything I've read about Longstreet's corps'  mostly unhappy sojourn in
the West it that its men , from its commander to the  lowliest private,
ALWAYS considered themselves to be part of the First Corps  of the Army of
Northern Virginia with most of the corps on temporary  assignment with the Army
of Tennessee. Their delight on ending the assignment,  rejoining the rest of
the ANV, and coming back under Lee's command  (understandable. I'm no Lee
worshiper, but only an extreme masochist wouldn't  be delighted at that
change.) was overwhelming.