GDG- 1841 Springfield rifle????

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Mon Jan 30 14:09:47 CST 2012

Andy-

A more important "research facility" would be the Washington  Arsenal, now
Ft McNair.  Lincoln and Stanton were very frequently down  there inspecting
new weapons or possible submissions from vendors.

Many times Lincoln would go down to the South Lawn and Ellipse  and fire
new weapons into the swamps beside the Wash Mon.  What was the new  name of
the pre-Winchester- my ADHD is kicking in.  He fired it into the  swamps.  No
record of hitting a sumptuous duck or goose. Duck!   Yummy!

And Lincoln loved going down to the Navy Yard and watching  them fire new
weapons down the Anacostia.

Far more important for testing was DC.

The stories abound of Lincoln always being besieged by  inventors with new
weapons and nonsense stuff, even outside his bedroom camped  out all night.

A  Loyal Neo-Anti Unionist,
Peter

In a message dated 1/30/2012 3:01:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,