GDG- 1841 Springfield rifle????

Andy Mills amills at jplcreative.com
Mon Jan 30 13:59:46 CST 2012

So we can think of Harper's Ferry as a type of research facility?

The only modern example I can think of is vehicles (of course, every product has to go through something like this).  I go to a car show and see "concept" cars from Ford, Toyota, GM, etc.  They are not in production yet.  Once they get all the kinks worked out, they are sent to the various facilities for full production but the design and development of the new models is done in one location (Harper's Ferry) until proven.

I think I understand now.  Thanks for taking the time.

Thanks,