GDG- Gettysburg Movie Question

Tom bunco973 at optonline.net
Mon Jan 30 12:08:01 CST 2012

  Just to add a Brian story - years ago - in one of the forums, I had posted
that I had an ancestor in the 14th Brooklyn - wounded on July 1 etc. A week
goes by, and I receive an e-mail from some guy named Brian of the 5th New
York Reenactors. He was forwarding my info to a friend of his (Pat
Scroeder - lead historian at Appommatox), and would put me in touch with
him. Seems my ancestor, after recovering, went into the 5th N.Y. Vet.
Volunteers, and was killed at Petersburg - and Pat mentions him in his book
on the 5th New York Vet. Vols. - besides sending me all the records etc.
pertaining to him (really nice). Afterwards, I find out from Pat, that it
was Brian Pohanka who corresponded with me and set the wheels in motion. I
was flabbergasted that a man who was esteemed in the C.W. community, took
the time out to help me in this quest - Brian was truly one of a kind !!!!

Regards, Tom B.