GDG- Supoplying the armies

John Grim jgrim1941 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 11:44:22 CST 2012

Peter,

  Agreed about Chinatown and most of DC regarding the restaurants.  I had a
Reuben sandwich at Clydes...about $1195 if I remember.  I drank water,
cocktails started at $8.  I have a friend who is part owner of Mai Thai on
19th and hosted a dinner party for an old friend visiting from Singapore
that use to live here years ago at Meiwah on 21st & M.  All not cheap but I
like the owners.  I prefer the family restaurants around Spfd. as the most
reasonable.  Almost all the chain restaurants have suffered in this
economy...smaller portions, higher prices...and that includes 0utback, Ruby
Tuesdays, TGIF, etc.  You can still get a decent meal at Fuddruckers IMHO.

I'm figuring 8 more weeks to worry about.  We've been really lucky so far.
 Google Wilkes Street Tunnel in Alex for a good description and
history...dimensions, dates.  The train I was thinking about was apparently
called the "Pioneer".