GDG- Supoplying the armies

John Grim jgrim1941 at gmail.com

How did your day go yesterday??  With the Car show, Chinatown parade and
usual tourists that area between White House and Capitol was really
crowded.  I was actually standing outside the Surratt boarding house when
you called.  A number of us had dinner at Clydes after the parade.  The
historical city sign outside of 604 said that Booth was shot and died in
the tobacco barn during his escape attempt....of course I had to remark
that he actually died on the front porch of the Garrett farm....that's
me...always looking for mistakes.  It was way to crowded to see much of the
parage....people kept pushing forward until the marchers barely were able
to squeeze thru.  It got much colder when the sun went down as you probably
know.