GDG- Lee - Harrisburg

Margaret D. Blough mdblough1 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 30 00:28:52 CST 2012

Al-Anything I've read about Longstreet's corps' mostly unhappy sojourn in the West it that its men , from its commander to the lowliest private, ALWAYS considered themselves to be part of the First Corps of the Army of Northern Virginia with most of the corps on temporary assignment with the Army of Tennessee. Their delight on ending the assignment, rejoining the rest of the ANV, and coming back under Lee's command (understandable. I'm no Lee worshiper, but only an extreme masochist wouldn't be delighted at that change.) was overwhelming.

Regards,

Margaret