GDG- Gettysburg battlefield to install 'smart' parking - WTOP Mobile

ATMackeyJr at ATMackeyJr at
Sun Jan 29 12:52:14 CST 2012

In a message dated 1/29/2012 1:46:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
denlaw at writes:

Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:
At 12:31 PM 1/29/2012, you wrote:
>Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:
>As Margaret pointed out, the old parking lots  aren't that large
>anyway, and  they are useful only for those who  want to stay around
>the high water  point or  the National  Cemetery.  They get filled very

Well, these two spots, plus  the nearness to town with all its
amenities, make these prime parking  spots, and that's why they fill
up so fast.
Have you walked to town from these lots?  I have, and they aren't that
"near."  I don't see anyone parking there and walking into town.  I  was the
only one I've ever seen do that.  The FT can drop you right in the  middle of

And as you walked back to that  spot you were right in  the middle of
the town and activities, not an oultet  mall.
No, I wasn't.  Gen Pickett's Buffet is at the edge of the battlefield  on
Steinwehr.  It's not in the middle of anything.
Best Regards,
Al Mackey