GDG- Gettysburg battlefield to install 'smart' parking - WTOP Mobile

ATMackeyJr at aol.com ATMackeyJr at aol.com
Sun Jan 29 12:31:56 CST 2012

As Margaret pointed out, the old parking lots aren't that large anyway, and
 they are useful only for those who want to stay around the high water
point or  the National Cemetery.  They get filled very fast.  This past November
 I had to park on the street behind Gen. Pickett's Buffet to get to the
National  Cemetery because the lots were completely full for the Dedication Day
 ceremonies.  Those lots didn't help that much.  Had the proposed  line
been established I would have parked in the Outlet and taken the FT to the
Cemetery.  As has been pointed out, this plan is ONLY for additional  parking
for the VC and doesn't affect driving on the battlefield at all.

Best Regards,
Al Mackey

In a message dated 1/29/2012 1:07:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,