GDG- Gettysburg battlefield to install 'smart' parking - WTOP Mobile

128thpa at comcast.net 128thpa at comcast.net
Sun Jan 29 12:24:55 CST 2012

Using the Freedom Transit is a good idea during the day.  However, their hours in the evening are limited.  The winter schedule shows them stopping at 6 - I am not sure what the summer schedule is.  But I do know that on high volume weekends such as Remembrance weekend which was before their winter hours went into effect - I wanted to use it as  one of the lines came right by my hotel - but the cut off time was 8 or 8:30 PM.  I wanted to hang in town later then that.

If the idea is to cut down on parking, which during peak weekends is hard to come by, and replace it with the Freedom Transit, then the hours of operation need to be evaluated and expanded.

Paula