GDG- Gettysburg battlefield to install 'smart' parking - WTOP Mobile

Dennis Lawrence denlaw at gojade.org
Sun Jan 29 11:01:49 CST 2012

At 10:46 AM 1/29/2012, you wrote:
>One of the big complaints I've heard are people who want to go to
>the VC/museum but either can't get a parking space or get it in the
>farthest reaches and don't want to walk.
Hello,

      And this is an example of what I said about the little
attention given to parking.  Building a VC that does not provide
enough parking  was a mistake, but with a little planning, that could
be overcome without having people park 5 miles away.

       The overflow lot on Taneytown Road could be linked to the
visitor center through the old fantasy woods.    Why not a tram
system from there and from the existing lots by the old visitor
center and the Neutra  Architectural Memorial Center  through the old
Fantasyland woods to the new VC?  Tourist returning from the visitor
center could  walk downtown to the shops and to the attractions there
rather being dumped off in a shopping mall 5 miles from the battle .

Rather than making decisions that have to fit around the plants to
remove the existing parking lots, a little more thought should be
given to using them rather than having a tourist park in a shopping
mall miles away.You is a vague pronoun.  Avoid using it in formal writing.

Take Care

Dennis

Well, the last thing I remember, Doc, I started to swerve
And then I saw the  lots were full  up to the verge
I know I'll never forget that horrible sight
I guess I found out for myself that everyone was right
Won't come back from  The Outlet Mall