GDG- Gettysburg battlefield to install 'smart' parking - WTOP Mobile

Margaret D. Blough mdblough1 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 29 10:46:00 CST 2012

Jack-This proposal has nothing to do with driving in the park, including stopping and walking around  They are not talking about forbidding parking anywhere in the battlefield .  In  an airport of  what you're talking about is the cell phone lot or, at worst, the short term parking.  What the proposal is dealing with is longer term parking.  One of the big complaints I've heard are people who want to go to the VC/museum but either can't get a parking space or get it in the farthest reaches and don't want to walk. This gives them an alternative to skipping that or driving around fuming until a space opens up.

Regards,

Margaret