GDG- Gettysburg battlefield to install 'smart' parking - WTOP Mobile

Jack Lawrence jlawrence at

From: "Dennis Lawrence" <denlaw at>
To: "GDG" <gettysburg at>
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: GDG- Gettysburg battlefield to install 'smart' parking - WTOP

> Esteemed GDG Member Contributes:
>>Unless someone is a formidable enough hiker that parking in the satellite
>>lots won't be a problem, even if you park on the old VC & Cyclo Center
>>parking lots, your question of how people will get around won't change.
>>Yes, those two locations help if your objective is the High Water Mark but
>>it does squat for almost all of the first day's battlefield and much of
>>the remaining two days as well.

My nightmare scenario is being in the park around four in the afternoon, say
around BRT and the Devils Kitchen, and I am ready to leave.

But I don't have my car and the last bus just left, because of shortened

Sure, I'll make it back, but if I had had my car, it would be a lot easier
aand In would not be stumbling around in the dusk.

I have seen nothing to show me that this will not happpen.