GDG- Gettysburg battlefield to install 'smart' parking - WTOP Mobile

Dennis Lawrence denlaw at gojade.org
Sat Jan 28 16:32:43 CST 2012

Once the lots reach capacity, the system will activate electronic
message signs installed along U.S. 15 to direct drivers to an
overflow parking area at The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg. Visitors
will be directed to The Outlet Shoppes only after additional lots
fill along Taneytown Road near the National Cemetery. From The Outlet
Shoppes, Freedom Transit buses will offer free shuttles to the visitor center.

Hello,

   And what will they do when they get there? ?  If their car is in
the outlet mall, how will they get around?

The parking lots on Taneytown Road by the destroyed historic  VC and
the Neutra Memorial Architecture Center are needed, and shouldn't be
torn up to present a Faux restoration of the field.

In great fields, something abides, but not after decade of earth
moving and asphalt. Its gone forever. Get over it an let me park.

  The destruction of parking spots will lead to a parking crisis
that  will be one of the excuses  to eventually ban cars,  and  and
we will all be standing in line waiting for shuttles.
Dennis

Bus stop,  wet  day,  she's there waiting I say
Please share my umbrella
Bus stops, bus goes, we stay,  line grows
Waiting to see the Wheatfield....