GDG- Lee - Harrisburg

William Baetz wbaetz at mac.com
Sat Jan 28 15:25:27 CST 2012

According to the authors of 'Civil War Harrisburg', there was a
skirmish between advance elements of Jenkins cavalry and two regiments
of NY militia at Sporting Hill, between Mechanicsburg and Camp Hill,
on June 30th. After this action, confederate troopers evidently
retreated towards Carlisle, suffering 16 killed and at least "20 or
30" wounded carried away.

There may have been confederate scouts closer to Harrisburg, but this
seems to be the closest engagement to the city.

Btw, confederates are said to have stopped for BBQ on their way out of
town.

Bill in Indy