GDG- Lee - Harrisburg

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Sat Jan 28 09:23:09 CST 2012

If I were Lee I would not want to give up a single man or  cannon.  Always
strike with overwhelming force.

A  Loyal Neo-Anti Unionist,
Peter

In a message dated 1/28/2012 10:18:12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jgrim1941 at gmail.com writes:

Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:
Esteemed Members

Why did Lee not want to  send troops west after his victory at
Chancellorsville??  I know I'm  being very simplistic but sometimes simple
can be the answer.  Lee was  the commander of the ANV not the overall
Confederate commander.  Why  would he want to diminish his own army and get
mixed up with what was going  on west of him???  Lee probably had a decent
idea of what  reinforcements might be available to him along the east coast
and how  competent some of those generals might be.  Also, he had lost
Jackson  and that was a problem.