GDG- 75th Reunion in Gettysburg in 1938

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Fri Jan 27 16:19:35 CST 2012

You may also want to get Ken Burns's last chapter of his  series.  He
spends some significant time going into the post-war experience  and heritage.
That film strip of the old vets shaking hands over the wall  and making the
Rebel Yell is one excerpt.

Also, go into Grand Army of the Republic which was the Union  social
fraternity after the war.  Should be a lot of interesting vignettes  there.

Also, Sons of Union Volunteers and Sons of Confederate  Volunteers.  They
may have something to offer.

A  Loyal Neo-Anti Unionist,
Peter

In a message dated 1/27/2012 11:38:37 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
denlaw at gojade.org writes:

Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:

>What do I need to know about this  reunion, and what questions should I ask
>this gentleman (who I guess is  in his 80's or 90's)?
Hi,

Hopefully Chris Army will let his wife  Alyce know of this request in
time for you to make contact with  her.

She is an authority on this.

Dennis