GDG- ISusquehanna River

Andy Mills amills at jplcreative.com
Fri Jan 27 13:50:50 CST 2012

Thanks Paula....

-----Original Message-----
From: gettysburg-bounces at arthes.com [mailto:gettysburg-bounces at arthes.com] On Behalf Of 128thpa at comcast.net
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 2:44 PM
To: GDG
Subject: Re: GDG- ISusquehanna River

Andy:  As most historic sites now a days - the funding is little or nothing.  I visited there when I knew the site manager and actually her family lived in part of the house.  But they eventually left there.  I don't know the status today - but I would guess by the fact that they stated if you want to take tours contact the Friends group that they have no paid staff there.  I know that has been the fate of many historic sites in Pennsylvania.  Some sites had to close, others are open on a limited basis due to very dedicated volunteers.

Paula