GDG- "Lee's Illness Lost Gettysburg"

dherko at kc.rr.com dherko at kc.rr.com
Thu Jan 26 19:05:10 CST 2012

War is a young man's game.  After 22 years, my body was worn out.  Achillies Tendon surgery, Arthritic left hip, planter faceitis (sic), hearing loss... 12 months of walking around with armor and helmet in Iraq did nothing to improve my overall quality of life.  Not to mention, the burning garbage and human waste, oil fires and fumes.

I can imagine what these men went through, that being said Lee's condition, is irrelevent to the outcome of the campaign.

VR
Don Herko