GDG- -Battlefield Tour Guides

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Thu Jan 26 18:59:57 CST 2012

O tay!

A  Loyal Neo-Anti Unionist,
Peter

In a message dated 1/26/2012 7:57:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
lawrence at rwlcpa.com writes:

Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:
Hook Gettysburg battlefield
Guided have always  been one of the backbones of this group. Whether
people think it is fair  or not we will not have criticism of them here

Sent from my  iPhone

On Jan 26, 2012, at 4:59 PM, "CWMHTours at aol.com"  <CWMHTours at aol.com> wrote:

> Esteemed GDG Member  Contributes:
> After overnight contemplation Sherri I think you've gone  off  half
cocked
> and loaded for bear.
>
> Butr  you've misread my posts, which is odd because I don't  usually have
> problem with clarity.
>
> I have NEVER ever made  a detrimental comment about the  tourists
visiting
>  Gettysburg.  You have apparently conjured that up out of  whole  clothe
and
> you are just plain wrong.
>
> I did, and do  believe that most of the LBGs I've had on my  buses were
not
>  outstanding.  A couple were and there are guides I've  met up there
that
> just plain astound me.  I love Wayne Mott.    I  will keep repeating that
for
> you  because it just  is.  That's my  opinion and I don't usually come by
my
>  opinions lightly.  There is usually  reason for them.  Usually
hard-earned
> experience.  I've had several  dozen over the  years.
>
> My big stink was the one guide who wouldn't talk  about  Gettysburg while
we
> were on the battlefield.
>
> If you came to DC and were on a tour driving by the Capital or   the
White
> [...]
so cool.
> You'll have no trouble at all  with  them.
>
> But the other groups....   Jeez  Sherri, good luck,  you'll find yourself
> shouting into the mike  because you can't hear yourself and  no one payin
> attention  and you willl be hating life until you can get out of  there.
>
> I send these groups up to Gettysburg after I tour with them in   DC and
can
> only feel sorry for the LBGs that get them.  Don't  listen to  me-  go
talk
> to the senior LBGs- they'll tell  you.
>
> And the tourists in DC.  When I talk about the  Civil War  and Lincoln I
get
> questions like "Which side  won?  The East or the  West?"   You just drop
>  your jaw in amazement at how little  Americans know about their
heritage.
> They think the President lives in the   Capitol.
>
> Did you ever see the bit on Jay Leno where he goes  out and  asks people
on
> the street about current events and they  just don't know what  he's
talking
> about?
>
> There  are a LOT of people who  can't put the American Revolution or the
> Civil War in the right century, much  less the right  decade.
>
> Any real analysis of the American Education system  will put us  way
below
> nearly every European country, Japan and  even Communist  China.
>
> If you want to get mad about it  and resent me for sharing my
misadventures
> with the tourists in  here I don't know what to tell you.  I  would like
> think  that you have more important things in your life to get all
>  kerfluffled about than my hogwash.
>
> There is one person in  here that I delete when I see his name  in here
and
> only see his  posts when they are part of someone else's  thread.
>
> You  may want to keep yourself from getting so upset by just  deleting me

> when you see my stuff come up.
>
> But if I were you I'd  try to learn from experienced guides and  try to
get
> upset about  more important things.
>
> Your Friend-
>
>  Peter
>

> In a message dated 1/25/2012  2:06:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> sherri410 at aol.com  writes:
>
> [Only  the first part of this message is  displayed. The entire message
has
> been  turned into a text  attachment, which you can retrieve by selecting
> Download.  Once  downloaded, open it with a word processor or text editor
for
>  reading.]
>
> Esteemed GDG Member Contributes:
>
> I  truly resent the  fact that Peter has to make so many negative
comments
> about the tourists or  customers that come to Gettysburg. Also  as a
Licensed
> Battlefield Guide  Candidate I also resent the way  he makes it sound
about
> Gettysburg guides. I  have worked my  butt off to get to this point and
know
> what it takes to become   a guide. I have watched many friends ahead of
me
> work hard. You have  to know  about the Civil War and everything
Gettysburg so
> it's  not a popularity  contest. It's about having the knowledge and then

> showing you can put a tour  together that the general public can  enjoy
and
> hopefully learn something. This  isn't a college  class. This is a
vacation trip
> where you should be able to   learn, enjoy and not made to feel stupid.
To be