GDG- "Lee's Illness Lost Gettysburg"

dherko at kc.rr.com dherko at kc.rr.com
Thu Jan 26 18:55:01 CST 2012

I don't hate McClellan, the man has been dead for 130 years.  He created the AoP and did a wonderful job at that, but at the supreme moment, with his men moving on Lee at Sharpsburg, he does not commit the army fully to the fight.  Without AP Hill, Lee was small enough to be crushed.  Lee would have crushed Lee, Jackson would have crushed Lee, Grant would have crushed Lee.

McClellan at his moment of destiny as George Patton thought of it, McClellan could not do it.  No spine no guts no what ever you call it.

VR
Don herko