GDG- "Lee's Illness Lost Gettysburg"

Jack Lawrence jlawrence at kc.rr.com
Thu Jan 26 17:31:50 CST 2012

Poor decisions.
Obstinancy.
Being outnumbered.
Failure to listen to subordinates.
All the usual things.

From: "Dave Ward " <dlwdaw at hotmail.com>
To: <CWMHTours at aol.com>; <gettysburg at arthes.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:08 PM
Subject: Re: GDG- "Lee's Illness Lost Gettysburg"

Esteemed GDG Member Contributes:
What were his symptoms?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: CWMHTours at aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 23:04:09
To: <gettysburg at arthes.com>

Esteemed GDG Member Contributes:
What I've heard, and Coddington went into it a bit, Lee had a minor heart
attack or something. A modern cardiologist could probably identify the
symptoms.

But one effect could have been fatigue. Lee would already be pretty
fatigued just from all the riding and he certainly didn't live for long
after
the war. Then if he wasn't eating diarhea could have been an issue.

A Loyal Neo-Anti Unionist,
Peter

In a message dated 1/26/2012 3:22:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,