GDG- "Lee's Illness Lost Gettysburg"

Dave Ward dlwdaw at
Thu Jan 26 17:08:59 CST 2012

What were his symptoms?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: CWMHTours at
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 23:04:09
To: <gettysburg at>
Subject: Re: GDG- "Lee's Illness Lost Gettysburg"

Esteemed GDG Member Contributes:
What I've heard, and Coddington went into it a bit, Lee had a  minor heart
attack or something.   A modern cardiologist could  probably identify the
But one effect could have been fatigue.  Lee would  already be pretty
fatigued just from all the riding and he certainly didn't live  for long after
the war.  Then if he wasn't eating diarhea could have been  an issue.
A  Loyal Neo-Anti Unionist,

In a message dated 1/26/2012 3:22:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,