GDG- "Lee's Illness Lost Gettysburg"

Dave Ward dlwdaw at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 26 17:08:59 CST 2012

What were his symptoms?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: CWMHTours at aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 23:04:09
To: <gettysburg at arthes.com>
Subject: Re: GDG- "Lee's Illness Lost Gettysburg"

Esteemed GDG Member Contributes:
What I've heard, and Coddington went into it a bit, Lee had a  minor heart
attack or something.   A modern cardiologist could  probably identify the
symptoms.

But one effect could have been fatigue.  Lee would  already be pretty
fatigued just from all the riding and he certainly didn't live  for long after
the war.  Then if he wasn't eating diarhea could have been  an issue.

A  Loyal Neo-Anti Unionist,
Peter

In a message dated 1/26/2012 3:22:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,