GDG- "Lee's Illness Lost Gettysburg"

John Lawrence jlawrence at kc.rr.com
Thu Jan 26 14:21:25 CST 2012

I think the last thing on this was written by Chuck Teavue, which should establish a benchmark to work from.
Having spent most of my years in military medicine, on the combat side, I was less than impressed with these things.
In the 19th century there were more health fatalities than combat

In WW II, Merrill's command went into combat with the seats of there pants cut out, due to dysentery.

I cannot see an army commander not functioning because of health, unless he was comatose.
If he was healthy enough to tell Longstreet to quit his whining, he was healthy enough to command.

But, I have not read the article.
 Let us know, will you