GDG- ISusquehanna River

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Thu Jan 26 09:03:15 CST 2012

It's called the Rockville bridge?   Great.   THNX.

I have sat pic'ed it.    It is pretty  cool.

Great website-  way cool!

THNX!

You may find it interesting that the first publicly chartered  RR, the B&O
running out of Balt to Point of Rocks is pretty much not used  much.  First
tracks in the country and they don't like to use them.   Apparently the
tracks are so windy in the Patapsco Valley that they can't go  fast at all
because of derailments.. It is parkland so the B&O is limited in  what they could
do to make the tracks faster.   There's a few tunnels,  etc. but not much
more they could do.

All priority freight from out west going to Balt at Point of  Rocks is sent
into DC and then back up N from DC to Balt.    Weird.   I have sat pic'ed
the whole line from Balt to  P.o.R.

About the only traffic I've seen on the tracks would be only  locos
restaging out to the west.

These would be the Civil War tracks that Lincoln used on his  return from
Antietam.

A  Loyal Neo-Anti Unionist,
Peter

In a message dated 1/26/2012 9:37:39 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,