GDG- William Addleman of the Bucktails

Tom bunco973 at
Wed Jan 25 23:04:56 CST 2012

Thanks for your patience
Hope someone read and enjoyed it half as much as me. Funny thing is
Curwensville hasn't changed much.
My wife knew descendants of a good number of the Curwensville past.
In fact, there were articles in the book where soldiers basically called
them inbreds!
I have always joked that the town was so small that I suspected everyone was
related to each other and  heard dueling banjos.
Get the book to learn about the dark side of PA during the civil war.

    Great post !!! - We vacation in that area (Benezette) every year in
October (video hunt the elk) - In Driftwood,Pa - there is a great statue to
the Bucktails (most of them came from the area) - and a dirt road that is
still there and can be followed by car as they made their way to their
embarkation point.

Tom B.