GDG- ISusquehanna River

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Wed Jan 25 20:23:25 CST 2012

Entirely agree George,  you make good  points.

Yes, there was military and political value to capturing  Harrisburg.

And despite Couch and the militia I think Lee cudda walked  right in.  And
there'd be plenty of value to start shipping back  south.  Ar Camp Curtain
there probly was gunpowder for the guns, etc. if  the Yanks didn't destroy it.

Lee being Lee, tho, I am sure he never lost sight that his  goal was to
destroy the AoP.

And for once, when you are digging your hole out you didn't  throw your
dirt into my hole.

Good.  There may be hope yet.

Jeff Burke-  what bridges were there over the Susq R  during the war (This
guy knows everything up there)?   Was that stone  4-track bridge there then?

A  Loyal Neo-Anti Unionist,
Peter

In a message dated 1/25/2012 9:14:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,