GDG- ISusquehanna River

George Connell georgeconnell at mac.com
Wed Jan 25 20:14:02 CST 2012

Peter,

Capturing the useful military items in and around Harrisburg and destroying its capability to support the war would be great military goals, but think of the main reason for going there as political, not military. Imagine the domestic and international reaction when it became known Lee had just captured the capital of Pennsylvania! Lee was very attuned to political events.

Regards,

George
26ª11'56"N   81ª48'19W"