GDG- ISusquehanna River

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Wed Jan 25 19:14:14 CST 2012

George-

Ha ha....

My friend...

Sometimes I think we both dig holes and we wind up throwing  each other's
shovels full of dirt into each other's hole.

I don't dispute that Lee wanted to get into Harrisburg-   I think it was
bait to get the AoP under that maniac Hooker to come out and  fight.   But
Harrisburg as a military goal?

Can you see Lee sitting around west of Fredericksburg with his  mouth
watering at the thought of capturing Harrisburg?  I  can't.

Lee's job was to destroy the AoP if possible- not risk sucking  his army up
into occupying a weeny little state capital.

Hey!  You just threw that shovelfull into my hair,  dammit!

A  Loyal Neo-Anti Unionist,
Peter

In a message dated 1/25/2012 6:03:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,