GDG- Custer, Merritt, & Farnsworth

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Wed Jan 25 18:08:27 CST 2012

O great!

THNX!

Did I tell you that a few years ago I went on a great tour  down Rt 50 -
Middleburg, Aldie, Goose Creek bridge, etc, with Steve  Meserve?  The man is
completely delightful.  We should get him in  here.  He'll probably tell you
that I am full of crap.

;-{)   !!!!!!

A  Loyal Neo-Anti Unionist,
Peter

In a message dated 1/25/2012 5:49:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jdpetruzzi at live.com writes:

Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:

> So what did the younger Farnsworth, Elon,  do that was notable  or
> significant prior to promotion?   Anything? Elon was a willing pawn used
by Pleasonton to curry favor with his  uncle-benefactor, Congressman John
Farnsworth.  Got him promoted, then  got him killed.  > The cavalry campaigns
in the Shenandoah-  I've  never been  too well versed
> in those and I would like to know  more.
If you can find one, Bob O'Neill's "The Cavalry Fights of Aldie,
Middleburg and Upperville" in the HE Howard series is about the only book  written
exclusively about them.  They are also featured in my upcoming  "The
Gettysburg Campaign in Numbers and Losses" (May 2012). J.D.