GDG- Battlefield Tour Guides

Nancy Householder pipecreek1430 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 15:08:38 CST 2012

Andy- You do get two chances on the oral test. If you don't pass the first time, and most don't,
they will tell you what you need to work on, and give you another chance. I'm sure there is a
limited time frame for this.  The reason for the time frame of two hours, is that is the standard
tour for visitors. They can ask, and pay for more, but two hours is the standard.
I have heard of people taking the test, that are still at the Peace light, 45 minutes into the tour.
You need to be about halfway down West Confederate ave by then or you will never finish
in time.
Basically- you have to do a lot of summing up and generalization. But you also have to have

stories to make it interesting, and you have to be able to answer questions.
They will allow you to have notes, but very limited, like   for quotes for people in your stories.
I have compilied a collection of stories from all the Union states, and Confederate states
that fought there.

Nancy Householder