GDG- Red River and ISusquehanna River

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Wed Jan 25 06:08:38 CST 2012

YES!

A  Loyal Neo-Anti Unionist,
Peter

In a message dated 1/25/2012 1:08:11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jlawrence at kc.rr.com writes:

Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:
And it goes east

Am I.  The only one  who sees the irony in defending Bobby Lee by defining
the course of the  Susquehanna?

Jeff Burk <jlb4tlb at yahoo.com>  wrote:

>Esteemed GDG Member Contributes:
>You can always find  a bend in a river to prove what you say.  But you are
wrong.  Here  is a map showing the path of the river please show me a e-w
flow below  Harrisburg.

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Susq.png
>
> Namaste
>
>Jeff  Burk
>

>>________________________________

back and sit at a picknik  table.
>>It wasn't bad. We are sitting in July on the banks of the  Red River
(obviously not the Texas/Oklahoma one) watching the folks swim on  the Minnesota
side. At that point, the Red River flows south to north as it is  in the
Hudson Bay watershed (as are the Tetons). It turned out to be a  pleasant
afternoon. The point is that the locals (as all of we locals are want  when out
of towners are around) were more than happy to talk about the  locale.
>>They pointed out, (even the bad guys) that the Red River  was the only
south to north river in the country.
>>I pointed out  that the Tennesse River flows north to south from
Nashville along Waldens  Ridge to Chattanooga, where it flows east to west to below
Memphis until it  flows NORTH to the Mississippi. So, I said, the Tennesee
flows NORTH  also.
>>No, they said. A rivers course is determined by the direction  of the
flow from the headwaters to where it empties. The Tennesee river flows  east to
west.
>>A couple of years later I ran into a geographer on  another issue who
told me they were correct.

>>So the  Susquehanna flows east to west.
>>
>>Harrisburg may be east  of the river, but it is on the north bank.
>>
>>And when I  drive from Gettysburg to pick up a game at the Meadowlands, I
go north, and  somewhere in there I cross the river before I head east.
>>This is  not to patronize anyone.
>>Now that we have cleared that up, Bill,  what do you think Lee was going
to do with those two shot up corp up north,  could and tired and all alone?
Still 500 miles away from  home?

>>regards,
>>
>>jack
>>-----  Original Message ----- From: "William Richardson"
<general.jackson at yahoo.com>

 N-S

>>> No, now leave Jack alone he is as RIGHT  about this as he is with
everything else. Surely ole Jack can't be wrong.  :)

>>> Respectfully,
>>>
>>> William Richardson
>>> Mount Gilead, North  Carolina
>>>

>>> Pro-Excuser: People  who can’t understand how The Confederate States Of
America, out-manned, and  under supplied, could kick their butts for four
long years. Who resort to all  kinds of finger pointing and avenues of denial.