GDG- ISusquehanna River

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Tue Jan 24 15:01:20 CST 2012

George....

I love you Man....

But I DO doubt it......

Think of the consequences for Lee.

Before capturing a big city like Hrsbg he would have an intact  artmy.  He
takes that army on the wrong side of the  river.

Look at the Confederate occupation of Frederick in the  CW.  Before Ant.
they lost a lot of men getting drunk in the town, not to  mention Jackson
falling asleep during the sermon in the Presbytyrian  church.
Occupying a city for ANY army is fraught with  danger.  You don't just go
in and parade around.  You risk losing  control of yo0ur army.

Lee was in the N only to threaten the N, not to capture a  city.

And, Sir, please tell me what benefit Lee would gain fro being  on tne
wrong side of the Sus R when his supply lines were in the  Cumberlaand?
Politely, I would like to hear an argument for Lee going  into Harrisburg.  To me
it makes no sense.

So I do doubt it.,

A  Loyal Neo-Anti Unionist,
Peter

In a message dated 1/24/2012 3:34:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,