GDG- Battlefield Tour Guides

CWMHTours at CWMHTours at
Tue Jan 24 13:00:59 CST 2012

This may rile some feathers and make a kerfluffle but I have  had a couple
dozen LBG on my tourbuses at GTYSBG and have never really been very
impressed by them.  Sure, the tourists love it.
But tourists don't know a cowpie from a horsepie.
But I sit there and look out the window and want to go  Hey!  Point that
out!  What about that?  Point this  out.
I had a LBG once who only wanted to talk about about Daniel  Sickles
shooting Philip Barton Key on Lafayette Square 75 mi away in  DC.  Meanwhile the
bus is rolling past Oak Ridge and the Peach Orchid and  the guy was talking
about P.B. Key.  As a matter of protocol and  courtesy you don't contradict
another guide on a tour but I had to  repeatedly keep telling him discreetly
to stay on topic.  Did no good  tho.  Didn't stop talking about it til the
tour was over.  The tour co  provided the tip for the guy but I didn't want
to give it to him.
I love the story....  I tell it a lot as a ghost story on  Lafayette
Square.  One of my favorite stories.  But when LRT is  rolling by outside the bus
window you should talk about that,  not Sickles  and Key.
A  Loyal Neo-Anti Unionist,

In a message dated 1/24/2012 9:36:47 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,