GDG- Inevitable defeat

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Tue Jan 24 12:14:44 CST 2012

The river at that point is frequently shallow in summer  droughts but very
wide and quite an obstacle. Very rocky.

A smart and careful commander would not want to put more than  an
expeditionary force that could have been sacrificed on the east side of the  river.
Harrisburg was no significant military goal other than being a  state
capital and RR center.

Thre are 2 57mm guns sitting on the west side of the river  there.

A  Loyal Neo-Anti Unionist,
Peter

In a message dated 1/24/2012 2:22:49 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,