GDG- Battlefield Tour Guides

Andy Mills amills at jplcreative.com
Tue Jan 24 08:12:27 CST 2012

I hope this is "on-topic" and offer my apologies if it is not.

At some point this summer (I don't have anything planned at the moment other than this is a goal of mine but depends upon having free weekends which are in short supply due to some family issues), I would like to get to Fredericksburg and tour some of those battlefields.

Is there anything like the Gettysburg Licensed Battlefield Tour Guides one could use for the Fredericksburg area battlefields?  Or does anyone know of people who do it in their spare time or through a company in the area in which one could hire a guide?

It is one of those things where I know the history of what transpired in Fredericksburg but someone familiar with the ground and area could show you those "out of the way" type places and with the modern town almost on the edge of the NPS land, it is very hard to know "the ground" as the time of the battle and where various points are in relation to each other (I hope this makes sense).

Thanks,