GDG- Battlefield Apps

Andy Mills amills at jplcreative.com
Tue Jan 24 08:05:12 CST 2012

I am not sure if anyone else has these, but the Civil War Trust has put out some iPhone Apps for Fredericksburg, Gettysburg (just parts of it, not the entire battle), Bull Run and Chancellorsville.  I think they are great apps for anyone interested in the battles and perhaps not always able to get to the battlefields.

The one thing I don't like about them though is to use some of the media contents, you have to download about 150 MB (it depends upon the battle as well) of content which isn't a big deal if you have WIFI points but takes a big chunk out of your internet usage if you download them over their network.

Please note:  I have no financial stake in these but wanted to point them out should anyone be interested and perhaps not aware of these.  I think only one or perhaps two are available for the Droids, but all are currently available for the iPhone.

On an aside:  does anyone know of other great Civil War apps for their iPhones?  If there are some great history (non-ACW related), I would be very interested, but please let me know of these via private email.

Thanks,