GDG- Someone remind me

CWMHTours at CWMHTours at
Mon Jan 23 15:19:11 CST 2012

I think so.  Blue cover.  Tall and thin for the  pocket?
"Just  the facts, ma'am."

Your Most Obediant Servant

In a message dated 1/23/2012 4:18:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bunco973 at writes:

Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:
Might this book be the book,  Peter?

Regards,  Tom B.

-----Original Message-----
From:  CWMHTours at
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 3:42 PM
To:  gettysburg at
Subject: Re: GDG- Someone remind me

Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:

Some 20 odd years ago I took a  tour of Congressional Cemetery  in DC where
Pleasanton is  buried.  Our guide was the then-historian of the   cemetery.

He led us to the grave of Alfred Pleasanton and  pronounced  that this man
was the one responsible for  Gettysburg.  That in reference to  the cavalry
actions and  Stuart's ride.

He basically blamed A.P. for the battle.

I would  not have given the comment much credence for it but a  year or two
but a year or two afterwards he wrote an excellent out-of-print   Civil War
guide book to DC and I am left with the impression that he knew  what  he
talking about.

As GDG knows I am pretty  skeptical about my stuff and like  just the real

Wish I  could remember his name.  Someone remind  me....

"Just   the facts, ma'am."

Your Most Obediant Servant

  -to unsubscribe for  Archives