GDG- Someone remind me

Tom bunco973 at optonline.net
Mon Jan 23 15:16:24 CST 2012

Might this book be the book, Peter?

http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Civil-War-Washington/dp/1880216299/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327353330&sr=1-3

Regards, Tom B.

-----Original Message-----
From: CWMHTours at aol.com
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 3:42 PM
To: gettysburg at arthes.com
Subject: Re: GDG- Someone remind me

Esteemed GDG Member Contributes:
Margaret,

Some 20 odd years ago I took a tour of Congressional Cemetery  in DC where
Pleasanton is buried.  Our guide was the then-historian of the  cemetery.

He led us to the grave of Alfred Pleasanton and pronounced  that this man
was the one responsible for Gettysburg.  That in reference to  the cavalry
actions and Stuart's ride.

He basically blamed A.P. for the battle.

I would not have given the comment much credence for it but a  year or two
but a year or two afterwards he wrote an excellent out-of-print  Civil War
guide book to DC and I am left with the impression that he knew what  he was
talking about.

As GDG knows I am pretty skeptical about my stuff and like  just the real
facts.

Wish I could remember his name.  Someone remind  me....

"Just  the facts, ma'am."

Your Most Obediant Servant