GDG- Lost Cause and Inevitibility

William Richardson general.jackson at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 13:47:44 CST 2012

From: Terry Brasko <TerryBrasko at mindspring.com>
To: 'GDG' <gettysburg at arthes.com>
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: GDG- Lost Cause and Inevitibility

Esteemed GDG Member Contributes:
>Buchanan despite his declaration  as the "last" president was a pretty typical southern hypocrite, having fought >a war against the Mormons.
The south was always about preserving the Union as a vehicle to preserve slavery.i

>William Richardson <general.jackson at yahoo.com
How do you figure that Buchanan was a "typical southern hypocrite"?  He was born in Cove Gap, Franklin County, Pennsylvania and lived in Lancaster County, Pa. most of his life.  His estate there was called Wheatland.  Buchanan died on June 1, 1868, at the age of 77 at his home at Wheatland and was interred in Woodward Hill Cemetery in Lancaster.

Terry Brasko

Terry,

  I do not know who said this, but it was not me. Somehow, someone, copied and pasted my name to it by accident. The above mentioned quote
sounds something like Jack would say. Take it up with him.

Respectfully,

     William Richardson
     Mount Gilead, North Carolina

" The direct cause of the outbreak of the War Between The States was slavery; the direct object of the prosecution of the war was the preservation of the Union. "