GDG- Back To Gettysburg

Tom bunco973 at optonline.net
Sun Jan 22 22:16:15 CST 2012

      Would appreciate some info on the guidelines concerning tramping the battlefield around some of the historic structures (ex. The Rose Farm, etc.) I’ve been visiting GNMP for the last 20 plus years – and am aware that some of these buildings are occupied by Park staff – and sure wouldn’t want to trespass. For example – if I wanted to follow in the footsteps of Hood’s Division – through the area of the Rose Farm – is it accessible? or off limits. I’ve had folks tell me it’s no problem, just stay a good distance from the house – others have said it’s off limits, period. (I sure don’t want to be the backseat passenger in a Park Ranger’s car, if you know what I mean ;-D). Thanks in advance !!!
Regards,
Tom B.