GDG- Lost Cause and Inevitibility

George Connell georgeconnell at mac.com
Sun Jan 22 17:36:44 CST 2012

Well, there are those who say, in a pejorative way, that if one maintains that the South was inevitably doomed to lose, because of the industrial and demographic disparities, that person is a "Lost Causer"--because a host of other variables made the outcome far from certain.

I don't disagree with that. Instead, I say that defeat was inevitable because of those Northern capabilities IF (note the big 'if') the Union maintained the will to fight. The other variables, in my opinion, are all of secondary importance.

Regards,

George
Semper Fi, do or die!