GDG- Lost Cause and Inevitibility

George Connell georgeconnell at mac.com
Sun Jan 22 17:18:39 CST 2012

Thank you, Margaret,

With respect, your first paragraph is interesting but not relevant; the second, however, is right on the money.

I think it should not be part of the Lost Cause definition. Those Confederates who came to realize the power of Northern industrial and demographic capability, when coupled with political will, were, to me, simply late converts to the Realism School of calculating military probabilities. And I certainly don't think that anyone today who says the South was doomed to lose as long as the North didn't lose its will should be labled aLost Causer.

Thank you again for your comments.

Regards,

George