GDG- Is we is or is we ain't a Union?

CWMHTours at CWMHTours at
Sun Jan 22 12:49:15 CST 2012

Now I am curious....
Over the years how often were you NOT there when it DID  happen?
"Just  the facts, ma'am."

Your Most Obediant Servant

In a message dated 1/22/2012 1:47:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cameron2 at writes:

Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:
<< And as a veteran university professor, I  can say that the situation is

OK, perhaps one or  another of the professorial types here can finally set
me straight on which  version of an expression I've used fairly often in the
past with regard to  Gettysburg is correct:

1.  None of us was there when it  happened.
2. None of us were there when it happened.

I've probably used both interchangably over the years.  I'm  guessing that
# 2 might be the correct choice, on an "I was" - "We were"  basis, "us"
being plural, but am willing to stand corrected.  As I said  before, English
grammar was always somewhat lost on me.

Jim  Cameron
  -to unsubscribe for  Archives