GDG- Now: CW PTSD was: Custer: G'burg, LBH & Philbrick

Batrinque at aol.com Batrinque at aol.com
Sat Jan 21 15:38:19 CST 2012

In a message dated 1/21/2012 1:45:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jlawrence at kc.rr.com writes:

But  people do that (drink themselves to death) all the time.
I think a better  explanation might be is that war changes all whom it
touches, and  different individuials handle it differently.
We just put a name on it  now.

One of the points of that paper I mentioned about health  costs associated
with CW veterans that stress from their experience fed  into adopting
unhealthy behaviors such as drinking too much.  It would be  difficult to prove
that any particular individual did or did not drink himself  to death as a
direct result of the war, but looking at a larger population  something
statistically significant would emerge.

Bruce  Trinque
Amston, CT