GDG- FW: CW Discrencies

CWMHTours at CWMHTours at
Sat Jan 21 10:33:03 CST 2012

Well Hi Leo-
I made the original post.  Someone had put up a video of  the vets at the
1938 Gettysburg reunion.  These old guys shake hands over  the stone wall at
CH.  They start yipping and one turns to the camera and  says "That's the
Rebel Yell" with a grin.
Ken Burns had the film in his last episode.
My point was that earlier in the series Shelby Foote is  talking about the
Rebel Yell and says no one knows what it sounds  like.
But I remember the first time I saw the series and saw the old  vets
yipping I was amazed that Shelby Foote was wrong.
It is very hard tracing down the truth in history.  And I  was amazed at
Shelby being wrong.
That's it.
"Just  the facts, ma'am."

Your Most Obediant Servant

In a message dated 1/21/2012 11:27:02 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,