GDG- FW: CW Discrencies

CWMHTours at CWMHTours at
Sat Jan 21 08:40:07 CST 2012

You think?  ;-)
"Just  the facts, ma'am."

Your Most Obediant Servant

In a message dated 1/21/2012 9:39:24 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jlawrence at writes:

Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:
This seems (not so) mildly  racy.
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore"

keith  mackenzie <bluzdad at> wrote:

>Esteemed GDG Member  Contributes:
>In the midnight hour she cried- "more, more,  more"
>With a rebel yell she cried- "more, more, more"
>In the  midnight hour babe- "more, more, more"
>With a rebel yell- "more, more,  more"
>More, more, more.
>Billy Idol "Rebel  Yell"
>"Hello! I'm The Doctor." (Dr.  Who)
of the Rebel Yell.  They took two  sound recordings of two different ANV
veterans giving the rebel yell in the  1930's and blended and multuplied the
sound so that it sounded like hundreds  doing the rebel yell.
Individually, the rebel yell doesn't sound  like much, but collectively, the sound makes
the hair on the back of your neck  stand up.
>Here is a  link.
>  The  Rebel Yell
Lives part 1 and part 2.
>> From:  CWMHTours at
>> Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 13:59:30  -0500
>> To: gettysburg at
>> Subject: GDG- CW  Discrencies
>> Esteemed GDG Member  Contributes:
>> In reference to the clips from Ken Burns I have  always been interested
>> that in an earlier episode discussing the  fighting in the war Shelby
>> speaks about the Rebel Yell. He  tries to describe it and ends up saying
>> no one alive knows  what the Rebel Yell sounds like. Yet at the end of
>> Burns we  see that footage of the vets shaking hands over the wall. They
>>  start giving the Rebel Yell. Finally one vet turns to the cameera and
>> "That's the Rebel Yell".
>> Guess it shows  even Shelby Foote can be wrong.
>> That's  sad.
>> "Just the facts, ma'am."
>> Your Most Obediant Servant
>>  Peter