GDG- Now: CW PTSD was: Custer: G'burg, LBH & Philbrick

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Fri Jan 20 11:01:10 CST 2012

I think getting a formal "modern" analysis is probbably out of  the
question.

Personally I like accuracy as much as possible.

I think it would be possible to get an idea of general CWPTSD  would be to
collect 1000s of anecdotal reports of various behavior patterns of  the
veterans.  If they could be collated and formed into different groups  you just
may be able to get a handle on it.

Say in 20% of the anecdotes the vet was reported to exhibit  long periods
of silence or speech difficulties.

In 40% of the anecdotes alcoholism was exhibited.

In 30% the vets indicated that they experienced chronic battle  nightmares.

They anecdotes would be of dubious reliability but if you  could get a lot
and identify mentioning various symptoms patterns would emerge  and a
not-quite-reliable report could be put out.

I am not one for making one single anecdote representative of  all
situations but many can add up to some kind of pattern.

But who's got time to do this?

"Just  the facts, ma'am."

Your Most Obediant Servant
Peter

In a message dated 1/20/2012 10:54:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,