GDG- Now: CW PTSD was: Custer: G'burg, LBH & Philbrick

Andy Mills amills at jplcreative.com
Fri Jan 20 09:51:45 CST 2012

I had often wondered about that but unless you are schooled in the ability to diagnose PTSD, would a historian writing about it be valid?  Admittedly, I would most likely read the book regardless, but would it be an accepted case from only a historian diagnosing it?  I suppose he could simply lay out the case that the soldiers struggled with various issues and relating to society again and not officially label it PTSD but not sure if that would be good enough for today's audience to actually sell books without an official diagnosis?

Thanks,